воскресенье, 20 августа 2017 г.

Homemade Organic Deodorant….

Homemade Organic Deodorant….

DIY Organic Deodorant

Did you know you could make your own Homemade Organic Deodorant?? I’ve been reading up on the dangers of deodorant. Mainly about the preservatives and aluminum in it that are linked to breast cancer. Not to mention anything that keeps you dry is blocking your pores, trapping waste in your body-yuck. I’d rather just sweat. So, yesterday I decided to make my own. I found a super easy recipe, tweaked it a bit and now I’m giving it a go. Try the recipe and I will keep you posted on the effectiveness of it. So far so good. It smells great and neutralized odor very well, and after the treadmill no less!


Before we get started I would like to talk a bit about why in the world you would make your own deodorant-I mean, is it really so bad that we should take a chance on stinking up the room? YES. In my opinion, with breast cancer and Alzheimer’s on the rise it’s time to look into some safe alternatives. Did you know that their are 20 to 30 axillary lymph nodes under each arm? Translated, A LOT is absorbed in the underarm. There are so many scary ingredients in deodorant. Let me just name a few. You ready? Here I go-Aluminum (alzheirmer’s), Parabens (hormone disruption), Triclosan (dermatitis and considered a pesticide), Talc (contains asbestos fibers), Propylene Glycol (kidney and liver damage), and Steareth (human carcinogen).


Yeah, it’s scary and time to refuse to use something so potentially harmful! This recipe is easy, I promise! I will warn you, it is not as effective as using something you get at the grocery store. First, most commercial deodorants are designed to block your pores so sweat stays in your body, hence keeping you dry. A homemade organic deodorant’s main role is to neutralize stinky smells! The lauric acid in coconut oil kills odor-causing bacteria and Melaleuca/Tea Tree is antibacterial, anti-fungal, antimicrobial, antiseptic and antiviral. Baking Soda is used to absorb wetness. So, let’s get stared!


2/3 cup arrowroot powder (find it HERE)


30 drops of Melaleuca/Tea Tree Essential Oil (find it HERE)


20 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil (find it HERE)


DIY Deodorant

1. Fill a pot half way full of water.

2. Place a glass bowl with a spout in the pot.

3. In “double boiler” melt coconut oil and beeswax.

4. Once coconut oil and beeswax are liquefied add arrowroot powder.

5. Let cool for about 30 minutes and then add essential oils.

6. Pour in deodorant containers. (find them HERE)


You can use baking soda in place of arrowroot powder but many readers have

experienced irritation after prolonged use. I have made this recipe with both ingredients. As long as I don’t wear the deodorant daily (every other day) it does not irritate me.


I had a lot left over so I just put it in a clean glass jar and will store it in the fridge. When I need to refill my deodorant container I can re heat in double boiler and pour into container! Easy! Good luck!!


xx, Jenni


Deodorant DIY

Original article and pictures take http://jenniraincloud.com/homemade-organic-deodorant-2/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий