воскресенье, 20 августа 2017 г.

DIY Allergy Relief Balm

DIY Allergy Relief Balm

Allergy Salve

Fall is around the corner and with the falling leaves and cooler air, allergies seem to come on with a vengeance. Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint are powerful essential oils that combine to make a healthy, easy remedy for sniffles and sneezes! Together they create a strong antihistamine and reduce inflammation. So I thought why not make a salve of it? At my home allergies run rampant. Before I met my husband I had 4 cats and I would have continued to add to my menagerie if my fiance at the time hadn’t said “ENOUGH”! Yes, make your jokes….It makes me feel warm and fuzzy when people call me a crazy cat lady! I’m serious. I love cats….A LOT.



Sometimes my husband even pulls up pictures of kittens on Google images when I’m mad at him and somehow I forget why I’m mad and immerse myself in baby cats. Anyway, I digress, the point is, my husband is allergic to cats. I will do anything to keep the peace and keep the cats! So essential oils (and the occasional allergy medicine) help a lot! I’m excited to make this salve for him. He uses my Vapor Rub at night so this will be even better!


This balm has healing coconut oil and antioxidant rich olive oil! It is great for applying around the nose for relief from inflammation and a raw nose. I get allergy bumps on my face so I’m excited to use this to reduce my skin bumps. This would also be good to use on mosquito bites as well! Apply to the bottoms of the feet for added allergy relief-apply at night and it might just help you sleep!


So, here’s the recipe. Like most balm, this is easy!


L.L.P. Allergy Relief Balm


Directions


1. Fill a medium pot half way full with water.

2. Place a glass bowl with a

spout in the water.

3. Add Oils and Beeswax together in the glass bowl.

4.Once Beeswax is melted remove from heat, add essential oils and pour into containers.

This makes about 5 oz. I put the left overs in a lip balm tube for on the go relief!



Allergy Relief Balm DIY

Original article and pictures take http://jenniraincloud.com/diy-allergy-relief-balm/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий