воскресенье, 20 августа 2017 г.

DIY All Natural Makeup

DIY All Natural Makeup


Question

Now, that my friend, is a question. What if I told you that you would be able to create not only a lightweight foundation but also a bronzer, blush, eyeshadow AND lipstain from just 9 ingredients… Oh, and did I mention they are all organic, all natural, and edible? Ya, well, it is true! After months of searching for a truly all natural makeup, I was stumped. It wasn’t until I came across a couple tutorials from Thankyourbody.com and Freepeople.com that I started to realize that I could just make my own! I took the ingredients they started with, added a couple of my own, and decided to put together my own tutorial for every makeup you could want! We cover foundation, bronzer, blush, eyeshadow, and lipstain all with the help of just 9 ingredients! Check them out below!


Ingredients

After I found all the ingredients, I just wanted to learn a little more about each one to see how it would affect my skin, and why or even if it would benefit it. Turns out that every ingredient is not only all natural but also has crazy awesome benefits for your skin too! Now, like with any DIY recipe, it is important to try everything out on a small patch of skin first. Everyone’s skin is different so you want to make sure you don’t have any adverse reactions to any of these ingredients. Not saying that you will! Just that some ingredients like cinnamon, or ginger can be slightly irritating to some folks. In the end, better safe then sorry. Test it out first, before applying everywhere!


Nut-Coc-Cin

all-act-beet

tur-gin-arr

The first step to every makeup regimen is to moisturize! It is even more important now that you are using all natural powder makeup, as not only will it provide moisture to your skin, but it will also make it easier for your skin to receive the makeup. Of course I use jojoba oil as my moisturizer, because lets get real, there is no point in going to all this trouble making your own all natural makeup, if you are just going to lather on a face lotion full of chemicals and irritants! Jojoba oil is the best oil to use before applying makeup because it is easily absorbed into your skin and within five minutes of putting it on it just leaves your skin soft and smooth and NOT oily believe it or not. All you need is maybe one or two drops or sprays of jojoba to apply to your face and neck. That’s it, just two sprays and you are good to go. Now for some of you who are a little iffy on putting oil onto your skin, I understand it may sound scary at first. But oil, especially jojoba oil, is actually the best thing for your skin to combat overproduction of sebum in your skin, which is the stuff that gets clogged in your pores if there is too much of it and cause acne. For more info, check out this awesome video by The Love Vitamin that explains it all in more detail! Check out our shop page and get some jojoba oil for yourself, you will be glad you did!


IMG_8464

3 ingredients is all you need to create a plethora of blush colors! Beetroot powder is essential to give it that rosy color, and just a pinch of turmeric will turn any pink into a peach. Add the arrowroot to determine how light you want it. Ok, so believe it or not, I like to start off with my blush. And here is why. I tried and tried and tried applying this blush with just a brush, but to no avail. It literally would just fall off my face and leave no color. So I decided to apply it as I do my lip stain. First, pour a little powder into your hand. When I say little, I mean little, as in pea size. (Otherwise you are just wasting powder) Add a little water and mix the powder until it becomes a dye. Dab it onto the apples of your cheeks ever so slightly and sort of blend it in. A little goes a long way when applying blush, especially because you don’t want blotches all over your face! Once you are done applying it, take a paper towel and remove the excess powder/crumbs by rubbing your cheeks with a circular motion. This will also help in blending the blush.


DIYallnaturalBlush

As you can see below, my first blush has a significant amount of beetroot powder, where as the top right has more arrowroot so to make it a lighter purple. By mixing equal parts beetroot and turmeric together with just a pinch of arrowroot, I was able to create a peachy blush (bottom right). BONUS!! All of the blushes you make can be used as a lip stain as well! Scroll down to see what I mean.


blushes

Next we continue with the foundation and bronzer! Keep in mind that these recipes are going to be very lightweight!

I know its hard to switch from the “made in the lab” cosmetics that cover every single red spot, pimple and wrinkle, and switch to a lighter weight, less coverage foundation. . . But in the end it is soooo much better for your skin. Think of it as rehab for your skin. Sure the first couple weeks your skin might not look so hott, but that is because you won’t be caking on chemicals and harsh irritants in order to cover up your imperfections. Everyday that you stop using over the counter cosmetics you are giving your skin a chance to breathe, rebalance, and correct those imperfections to leave you with smooth and clear skin. On top of that, every ingredient in these recipes is going to benefit your skin even further! It’s a double whammy of skin goodness All you need in addition are some brushes to apply your makeup (I use my bare minerals brushes that I already had). Make sure to blow off any excess powder before applying.


***Keep in mind that this is homemade and it is a powder, so it has the capability of going EVERYWHERE. I have no problems with mine, just make sure to tap off any excess powder and apply over a sink + BEFORE getting dressed. Easy enough***


DIYMakeupFB

To make your foundation, you need 5 of the 9 ingredients, including arrowroot, cocoa powder, ground ginger, turmeric and nutmeg. I started off with quite a bit of arrowroot and then added in the cocoa powder. I worked on getting it to a base that I liked, and then added in the turmeric, ginger and nutmeg to get the somewhat tan color I was looking for. Notice how I am not giving you exact quantities. This is because everyone’s skin color is different, and being able to customize your foundation to match your skin color exactly is what this is all about! Play around with it. When mixing all your ingredients, keep in mind that you can always add more of a certain color to get exactly what you want. Tweek your recipe little by little until you get exactly what you want!


DIYFoundationING

Onto the bronzer baby! Spring is here, summer is around the corner, and I don’t know about you, but I am ready for some bronzing! This bronzer includes almost all of the ingredients! Nutmeg, cinnamon, cocoa powder, beetroot powder, allspice, turmeric, and a little arrowroot will get you in business. For this recipe, I started off with a base of cocoa powder and then added from there. There is only a touch of arrowroot, but you can add more or less depending on the color of your skin. The smallest addition of beetroot and turmeric will go a long way for adding to your tan, so start with small quantities when adding!


DIYBronzerING

Like I said before, any of your blushes can be used to make an all natural lip stain! First start by pouring just the smallest amount of blush into your palm. Add a couple drops of water and mix it together with your finger. Next, pat your lips with your finger and try to get as much color on your lips as possible. Let the mixture kind of sit there until it dries for a couple seconds and then wipe off any excess powder. Lastly, seal your stain with an all natural chapstick or you can make your own. (Equal parts shea butter +jojoba oil + coconut oil + beeswax) Tutorial to come!


DIYLipStain

Now, for the eyeshadow. I personally don’t wear much eyeshadow, but when I do I like to do a semi smoky look with black eyeshadow. Lucky for me that there is such a thing as activated charcoal. You can buy it in bulk or at your local natural foods store in pill form. All you have to do is break open a couple tablets into a small eyeshadow container and you are good to go. I just use my eyeshadow brush as I would with a store bought eyeshadow, just make sure to blow off any extra charcoal before applying it. It is DARK, and if you aren’t careful you could end up with black powder on your cheeks! I use toilet paper to cover my cheeks as I apply it, just to be safe.


Below is my face and a before and after of my mother using only 100% natural and homemade makeup! SOOO excited that I finally have my makeup regimen down to the essentials and made from all natural ingredients. I hope this tutorial inspires and excites you about doing the same! Enjoy


FinalMakeup

before-after

xoxo,


-The Farmer’s Daugher


Original article and pictures take http://www.pure-jojoba.com/diy-all-natural-makeup/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий