воскресенье, 20 августа 2017 г.

Make Your Own All-Natural Deodorant {Stick or Spray}

Make Your Own All-Natural Deodorant {Stick or Spray}
Make Your Own All-Natural Deodorant {Stick or Spray} - One Good Thing by Jillee

homemade deodorant
homemade deodorant

Several months ago I posted a recipe for making your own deodorant. It was mainly in response to discovering that those hard to remove armpit stains (see how to get rid of them here!) are caused by the aluminum in commercial antiperspirants! I’d worked hard to figure out how to get rid of those stains! I didn’t want them coming back!


While I have been perfectly happy with this deodorant…some people would prefer not to have to put their fingers into it to apply it and have requested a SPRAY or SOLID alternative. Your wish is my command. :-)


This recipe makes a BIG BATCH of deodorant, so I decided to cut it in half and it turned out to be the perfect amount to fill two empty deodorant tubes.


make your own deodorant

Homemade Solid Deodorant


Ingredients:


1/2 cup coconut oil

1 1/2 Tablespoons beeswax pellets

1/2 cup baking soda

1/2 cup cornstarch

10

drops each of Lavender, Lemon and Frankincense Essential Oils


If you don’t have essential oils on hand, don’t fret. This will work just fine without the oils. The oils are an added BONUS. :-)


Directions:


Add the coconut oil, and beeswax pellets to a small saucepan. Slowly melt over VERY low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and add baking soda, and corn starch. Mix with a spoon until smooth and creamy in consistency, then add the essential oils and pour into your containers. Let stand to cool and solidify.


I was very pleased at how well this turned out. It has a great consistency and smells divine! But most importantly, after wearing it for a full day, it was every bit as effective as any commercial brand I have purchased.


And on a somewhat related, but not really related, subject….I just have to offer kudos to the makers of Old Spice for making the labels on their deodorant tubes so easy to take off! It makes repurposing containers SOOOO much easier! Labels that are practically FUSED to the bottle are one of my PET PEEVES!! (Makers of Dawn…are you listening?)


OK…I just had to get that off my chest. I feel better now. :-)


Now, for those of you “sprayers” out there….here’s a recipe for you! Another all natural option with essential oils as an added benefit.


Homemade Spray-On Deodorant


Ingredients:


1/2 cup witch hazel

1/4 cup aloe vera gel (or juice)

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

10 drops Clary Sage Essential Oil (one of the most effective deodorant essential oils that has a crisp, refreshing scent!)


Directions:


Add witch hazel, aloe vera, baking soda and your favorite essential oils to a small spray bottle and shake well before each use. Spray on underarms. If you don’t like the “wet” feel of it…you can stand in front of a fan for a few seconds to help it dry…or you can gently pat it with a dry towel. I didn’t do either. I just sprayed it on and went about my day.


(Important Note: Clary Sage Oil should be avoided during pregnancy.)


I also tested this deodorant out on my own armpits and loved it. When I first sprayed it on it felt cool, refreshing and almost tingly! I thought the ‘wetness’ feeling of it might bother me…but after a minute I forgot I even had it on. And after wearing it all day long, no notice of any odor or wetness. Success!!


Whether you prefer to rub-in, rub-on, or spray….now you can make your own homemade deodorant that’s safe, effective and downright enjoyable to use!


Original article and pictures take http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2012/10/make-your-own-all-natural-deodorant-stick-or-spray.html site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий