воскресенье, 20 августа 2017 г.

Homemade Hand Cream

Homemade Hand Cream

Sometimes those taking my classes bring me gifts. Gifts are never expected but are always appreciated .. especially the ones that have special meaning . . like things people who read the blog know I collect. Homemade gifts are always special too.


Last week a lady gave me a little Glad container of homemade hand cream. This may be TMI but my feet crack . . badly! It’s probably because I hate wearing shoes and am almost always barefooted. I even have a prescription cream for my feet because they crack and bleed and it hurts! I’ve been putting this lotion on my hands, my feet, even my face instead of my usual night cream and I’m telling you . . it’s the best stuff I’ve ever used! My feet feel better than they’ve felt in years. That one little tub of hand cream has been passed around and mom and dad have fallen in love with it too.


The lady gave me the recipe for it and mom and I made a batch last night. Here’s the recipe so you can make some too:


Homemade Hand Cream:


16 oz. baby lotion

8 oz. Vaseline

8 oz. Vitamin E Cream



Mix with electric mixer til it resembles icing.



Put in containers.



So easy to make, inexpensive and wonderful!


Have you ever thought about writing a quilt book? Have an idea? Do you do something that intrigues or amazes other quilters? You never ever know if your idea is bookworthy or not until you submit a proposal to a publishing company. There are several mainly quilt type book publishers and I have never heard anything bad about any of them, nor have I worked with a publisher other than American ...


The Binding Mountain

Wouldn't you love to be a guest at my mom's house? I kinda like it here! But there's a slight problem. The bed in the guest room (I'm not a guest . . I have my own room here!) is buried. That is a mountain of quilts waiting to be bound! I am

not sure how many quilts are in there. I do not want to know how many quilts are in there. I will get them all done. I'm finishing them by hand ...


Things I Can’t Get At Home

Some things just can't be found in my part of Missouri. First and foremost on my list of "gotta haves" was crawfish. They're darned expensive this year but they are big and they are good and I"ve had them twice. My favorite crawfish place is only open on weekends so I'm hoping to get more this weekend. They're seasonal and I don't get these every trip. These are seasonal too. Wal-Mart ...


More Packing

When you're trying to use a huge amount of stash, you're making a huge number of quilt tops, which have to be quilted and then they have to be bound. But, you're a quilter. You already know that! So, when you go out of town for an extended period, you take lots of quilts, 8 to be exact, along with all 8 bindings and you have a binding party . . even if you're the only one in ...


Finish #14

The last of the donation quilts in this batch for the Houma Guild to give to the children's home. This is one of my favorite borders. There's a little guide to making this quilt and this border here. ...


Original article and pictures take http://www.patchworktimes.com/2010/03/06/homemade-hand-cream/ site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий