воскресенье, 20 августа 2017 г.

Homemade Exfoliating Face Mask

Homemade Exfoliating Face Mask
Homemade Exfoliating Face Mask - One Good Thing by Jillee

Exfoliating Mask 9

Every once in awhile, your face needs a good exfoliating scrub! Exfoliation removes dead skin cells, leaving the new skin clean, exposed and glowing. Exfoliating keeps skin issues at bay while creating a smoother surface that leaves your skin more receptive to moisturizing, lotions, and makeup. While it is possible to over-exfoliate, a weekly treatment will maintain smooth skin and a beautiful glow. :-)


The first time I tried this exfoliating face mask, it was right after having what they call a “skin resurfacing procedure” at my dermatologist’s office. Which is really just a lovely way of saying it was a chemical peel. I know, sounds incredibly vain doesn’t it? Well, I am in my 50’s now, so I think I’ve earned the right to have a few vanity procedures done if I’m so inclined! Dontcha think? ;-)


Since I’d never done anything like this, I wasn’t quite sure what to expect. It wasn’t too bad, but there was a light, persistent, peeling. The nice esthetician who worked on me gave me a teeny, tiny sample bottle of a face mask that she said I would really want to use on day 4. Well, I used the entire 1/2 teaspoon in the sample jar and wasn’t all that impressed. Since a full-sized jar was around $28.00, I decided I could do better making something on my own.


I thought of this Yogurt and Honey face mask recipe from my friend Jodi that I posted back in July of 2012. Jodi runs a salon in my town called Mind Ur Beeswax and is a Master Esthetician herself. She has all kinds of great skin care ideas!

But as much as I loved this recipe, I was looking for something to exfoliate. So I decided to doctor up Jodi’s original recipe a little bit and came up with this Super Exfoliating Mask that worked wonders on my scaly face!


Super Exfoliating Mask


Ingredients:


Mix all the ingredients together in a small container and apply to face (this is enough for one thickly-applied face mask.) Gently work the mixture into your skin in a circular motion, then allow the mask to dry for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse off with water, again using a circular motion for more exfoliating action.


  • The baking soda in this recipe provides the exfoliation as it gently scrubs away dead skin.
  • The honey naturally hydrates the skin and is rich in antioxidants and has anti-microbial properties.
  • Vitamin E is an antioxidant that protects and repairs your skin.
  • Cinnamon has a warming effect on the skin which brings fresh, oxygen-rich blood to the surface to kill bacteria and detoxify the skin and gives a healthy rosy glow.

Here is the before and after – major improvement in the flaky skin department!


And my skin was glowing (OK, maybe it was a little more than a glow) from the cinnamon. My cheeks and nose were quite rosey after I washed the mask off, but it faded quickly.


After applying some makeup, I was really pleased with the results! My makeup went on much smoother and easier without all the peeling to contend with. So nice!


What’s your favorite skin-care treatment?


Original article and pictures take http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2013/02/make-your-own-all-natural-super-exfoliating-face-mask.html site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий