воскресенье, 20 августа 2017 г.

A Simple Homemade Eye Cream & Make-up Remover

A Simple Homemade Eye Cream & Make-up Remover
A Simple Homemade Eye Cream & Make-up Remover - One Good Thing by Jillee

homemade eye cream

I use coconut oil for LOTS of stuff! I’ve even posted about its’ many, many uses on this post – “Homemade Toothpaste With Coconut Oil And 38 Other Coconut Oil Cures“.


I’d never thought to use it as an eye treatment until my sister and I were discussing a post we saw on Ramblings Of A Happy Homemaker for an eye cream made with Coconut Oil and Vitamin E Oil. Two POWERHOUSE ingredients.


Coconut Oil acts as a moisturizer, antibiotic, multivitamin, multi-nutrient and and antioxidant. Vitamin E Oil is also a strong antioxidant that prevents premature aging and promotes healing.


Being the essential oil lovers that we are, my sister Rebecca (Camp Wander) and I immediately realized this magic combination could be made even BETTER by adding some EO’s!


Lavendar Essential Oil

I know I talk about Lavender all the time…but it really is the “Swiss army knife” of essential oils. If you can only have ONE essential oil in your house…make it Lavender!


Lavender is a perfect addition to this eye cream recipe because it’s great for all skin types and it’s anti-inflammatory properties help soothe various skin problems like acne, wrinkles, psoriasis, eczema, stretch marks, scars, sunburns, dandruff, rashes and bug bites!


Other EO’s that would be great to add would be Frankincense, which helps rejuvenate aging skin, and Geranium, which helps speed up the reproduction of skin cells.


After I had made up a batch of the cream it occurred to me that not only is this a great eye CREAM, but it would be equally good as an eye MAKEUP REMOVER. I gave it a try last night and couldn’t help wondering “Why have I never used this before???” I loved it!


You are going to love it too! Especially when you see how EASY (and inexpensive!) it is to make.


Homemade Eye Cream & Eye Makeup Remover


Ingredients:


Put the coconut oil into a small bowl and microwave for 15 seconds. That’s all it takes get it to liquid form. (Or you can heat in a small saucepan over low heat for a few minutes.)


Pour the

liquified oil into the containers you are using. I decided to use a variety of containers:


  • a small mason jar for my bathroom

For the contact lens case I added enough oil to almost fill it, poked the end of ONE capsule of Vitamin E oil and added the contents of it, and 1-2 drops of Lavender essential oil. (Repeat for other side of case).


For the lip balm container: I added enough oil to almost fill it, added the contents of TWO Vitamin E capsules and 3-4 drops of Lavender essential oil.


For the small mason jar: I added enough oil to fil about three-fourths full, emptied 6 capsules of Vitamin E in the jar, and finally added 6-7 drops of Lavender essential oil.


Place the filled containers in the refrigerator for a little while (less than an hour) until the liquid returns to solid form, and it’s ready to use!


Use at night to remove eye makeup and as a moisturizing eye cream!


Now I’m prepared for wherever I roam!


This quite possibly could be the world’s most perfect eye cream!


Simple. Inexpensive. All-Natural. Multi-purpose, Anti-Aging! It doesn’t get much better than that! :-)


Original article and pictures take http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2013/06/a-simple-homemade-eye-cream-make-up-remover.html?utm_source=getresponse&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=onegoodthing&utm_content=%5B%5Brssitem_title%5D%5D site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий